Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sermon moment.

Generosity. What does that mean to you? Giving in a lavish way to people who need deeply?...Tithing?...Putting money in a panhandler's cup?...

I have been attempting to make it my state of mind. The Lord is calling me into a generosity I haven't known before. Not for my own good. Not for my children's good. Although those are being greatly effected. I feel Him stirring my heart to do all the above listed things, but moreover to be generous to the people I am surrounded by most often. And in doing so, he has truly blessed me with such joy.

I have been lavished on by so many others giving out of their deep love to my family for years in all different ways and for all different reasons. It's hitting me more now that I am a mom how very stingy I am and unmerciful I can be toward other people. Especially my own kids. But even more so, other people getting in my way, interrupting, causing un-necessary confusion. I mean seriously, when I have 30 minutes to get my happy time of Target shopping done and we are having break downs over which kind of fruit snack is being bought...let's just say tone and calmness aren't always under control.

May I remember often how deeply my words can affect another and how deeply His words speak truth and calm into utter chaotic moments.

There's your sermon for the day. And mine.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very generous,loving, caring, sweet, precious, daughter,wife, mother, sister & friend! I am so proud to call you my daughter!

    ReplyDelete